More big news
We have been bringing you a LOT of good news over the past couple of weeks, and today might be one of our biggest newsy items ever. Willow Salon is proud to announce that we have partnered with Green Circle Salons in an effort to make our salon more of a friend to the environment than ever before!
Who are Green Circle Salons?
From their website:
- Colour tubes
- And of course…hair!
Willow has been green binning hair and taking advantage of the always improving Hamilton recycling practices for years now, but there were always other things that just had to be thrown out. Frustrating, but true. And now, this is where help from Green Circle Salons comes in!
GCS recycles or repurposes ALL of the above! And how do they do it? Here are a few ways:
- Excess chemical waste products (think colour, perm solutions, ammonia, etc.) are collected and sent to a hazardous waste facility where they are turned into clean energy.
- Aluminum foils and colour tubes – did you know that 95% of all aluminum can be recycled over and over and over? GCS is on it!
- There are still some types of plastics that our impressive Hamilton area recycling cannot yet take, but GCS can and does.
- What else can they handle? Even waxing strips, and cotton swabs are recycled by GCS
- Hair – one of the most impressive and innovative solutions for repurposing hair is the creation of hair booms to assist with cleanup of oil spills. “Umm…what?!” you might be saying, and we get it, it’s a bit outside, BUT take a look at this video that explains it better than mere words ever could:
Now THAT is cool!
What does this mean for you?
- You can feel good knowing that your used foils, colour tubes, chemicals and more are diverted from landfill and from our waterways.
- Know that you’re helping Willow help the environment through these small but mighty initiatives.
- Become a Green Ambassador and help spread the word about Green Circle Salons, and recommending them to other salons and spas. (Hot tip: there is an incentive program for each salon you help get on board!)
If you want to know more about Green Circle Salons, check out their website. And, if you want to know more about Willow’s partnership, talk to your stylist!