Now that we have your attention with all those Ws, let us fill you in on a cause very close to your Willow team’s heart!
Walk for Water is Aveda’s key fundraising event and it happens annually, during Earth Month.
The Willow Salon team of Water Warriors will be walking for water on Monday April 25th 2016
The 2016 walk marks the 10th anniversary of this fantastic and important Canada-wide event.
Teams participate in a 6km walk. This is the average distance women and children walk each day in rural and developing cities worldwide to collect water.
Think of how much water we use in a day, for drinking, washing, cooking, and so much else. For us, water is at our fingertips, and not 6km away.
You can help by sponsoring the Willow Salon team as they Walk for Water!
Water = Life
- 650 million people worldwide don’t have access to safe water – this is roughly 1 in 10 people.
- 2.3 billion people don’t have access to adequate bathroom facilities – 1 in 3 people.
- 315,000 children die each year because of unsafe water and poor sanitation – 860 children each day.
The fundraising campaign:
- Aveda’s efforts support WaterAid Canada, a charity dedicated to fighting global poverty by helping the world’s poorest gain access to clean water, basic sanitation, and hygiene education.
Additional fundraising opportunities:
- In addition to walking for water, Willow will be fundraising right in the salon, selling raffle tickets for an Aveda gift basket and Willow gift certificate, valued at $250.00
- Tickets are 1 for $5.00 or 3 for $10.00
Help Aveda and WaterAid Canada make a difference by sponsoring your Willow Water Warriors today!
“Water and sanitation underpin health, education, and livelihoods, and yet hundreds of millions of people live without these basic human rights.”
Source: WaterAid Canada www.wateraidcanada.com (Accessed 9 March 2016)