Good morning, blog friends, and welcome to…winter?! Well apparently not, but you wouldn’t know it today. No matter! We here at the Willow Salon blog are in a spring state of mind, in spite of what Mother Nature has thrown our way.
We are officially into the first week of April, and April is Earth Month, and there is a lot to talk about. We have already told you a bit about Aveda’s commitment to clean water, and Willow’s participation in their annual Walk for Water, but did you know that the Aveda website also has some other tips and information about water conservation, and more? Let us fill you in! As well, we will take a look at some of the other events and ways to celebrate and acknowledge Earth Month and Earth Day in the Hamilton area.
WATER SAVING TIPS
Having a long, hot shower on a cold day is one of life’s little pleasures. But did you know that shortening your shower by just 3 minutes can save, on average, 6 gallons of water? That may not seem like a major impact, but if you can do that a few times a week, then a few more times a month…every little bit helps, as they say. Multiply that over the course of a year, for each member of your household and, well, you’ve practically saved a swimming pool full of water!
Of course we know what you’re thinking: but what about my hair? Obviously freshly washed and styled hair is another of life’s little pleasures, but consider making your ‘do last an extra day or two when possible. Not sure how? Take a look at some of these helpful hints featuring Aveda’s amazing new dry shampoo! (be sure to scroll down to watch the video of Shampure dry shampoo in action)
Those are just a couple of ways you can help make a difference. Consider making these changes during Earth Month, and you might be surprised at how easy it is to maintain them in the months to come.
MORE EARTH MONTH FESTIVITIES AND INFORMATION
Looking for other ways to get involved during Earth Month?
- Check out the Earth Day Hamilton – Burlington website for information about tree planting, an eco-festival, and much more.
- Earth Day Canada has an events page, listing all the Earth Day activities in your area.
- Visit the Earth Day Network website for information on everything from global campaigns and information, to the steps individuals can take to benefit the earth.
WILLOW’S EARTH MONTH INITIATIVES
- Remember that not only is the Willow team participating in the Walk for Water, but they are also fundraising in the salon itself, by selling tickets on an incredible gift basket! Visit the salon to get your tickets soon – 1 for $5.00 or 3 for $10.00.
- Last month we introduced you to our partnership with Green Circle Salons, and all the great things they can do. Need a refresher? Check out the blog post for all the details!
And there it is, your Earth Month roundup. Have other tips for conserving water? Or, do you know of Earth Day events or initiatives that we might have missed? Let us know in the comments!
Thanks for reading, and see you back here on Friday!